Sigurimi i rezervimit për banorët e BE-së
Travel is rewarding, but sometimes things don’t go as expected. People can get sick, flights can get canceled, and bags can go missing. To help protect you financially, there’s reservation insurance.
Airbnb guests who live in France can purchase reservation insurance on the checkout page. The policy is underwritten by Europ Assistance, a leading travel insurer.
Don’t live in France? Residents of the United Kingdom, United States, and certain other countries in the European Union can purchase travel insurance on the checkout page. And guests everywhere can purchase travel insurance outside of Airbnb, directly through a travel insurance company’s website or by shopping around on a comparison site.
Adding insurance while booking
If eligible, you’ll be given the option to add reservation insurance on the checkout page. Before you do, be sure to review the details of the insurance policy to make sure it’s right for you.
Shortly after your reservation is confirmed, you’ll get an email confirming your insurance purchase. That email will include your insurance certificate as well as a link to your policy details page, where you can cancel your policy, start a claim, and more.
Making changes to your reservation
If the dates of your reservation change (or if the guest count changes), your reservation insurance will be automatically updated. If the change impacts the total cost of your reservation, your reservation insurance premium will be adjusted, and you’ll be charged or refunded accordingly.
Reservation insurance through Europ Assistance covers:
- Reservation cancellation: Get reimbursed (up to 100% of your Airbnb reservation cost) if you cancel your Airbnb reservation for a covered reason. Covered reasons include serious illness or injury; a flight delay due to mechanical breakdown; and a natural disaster at your home or destination.
- Medical assistance: Get help paying (up to €50,000 per person) for emergency and pre-authorised medical services you need while travelling abroad, such as hospitalisation costs, medication prescribed by a doctor, and ambulance journeys ordered by a doctor. (Please note that the €50,000 per person limit applies to residents of all EU countries where reservation insurance is offered except Germany, where medical assistance coverage is unlimited.)
- Delayed departure: Get reimbursed (up to €750 per person) for reasonable expenses you incur because your trip is delayed for 12 hours or more for a covered reason. Covered reasons include a storm, fire, or flood at the departure point; mechanical breakdown of your vehicle; and loss of travel documents or money.
- Luggage: Get reimbursed (up to €1,000 per person) if your luggage is damaged by your carrier, stolen, or permanently lost.
- Luggage delay: Get reimbursed (up to €250 per person) for necessary purchases you make because your luggage is delayed by your carrier for more than 24 hours. Covered expenses may include clothing, food, and toiletries.
- Sporting equipment: Get reimbursed (up to €1,000 per person) if your sporting equipment is damaged by your carrier, stolen, or lost permanently.
- Sporting equipment delay: Get reimbursed (up to €1,000 per person) for the cost of sporting equipment rentals if your sporting equipment is delayed for more than 24 hours.
- Reservation curtailment: Get reimbursed (up to 125% of your Airbnb reservation cost) for nights you can’t stay at your Airbnb accommodation, and additional transportation expenses you incur, because your trip is delayed or cut short for a covered reason. Covered reasons include serious illness or injury; delay of a flight, train, or boat; and passport theft.
- Personal accident: Get reimbursed (up to €100,000 per person) if you’re injured in an accident while you’re on your trip, resulting in permanent total disability or the loss of your life, limb, or sight.
- Travel documents: Get reimbursed (up to 10 days at €80 per night) for additional travel and accommodation expenses you incur because your passport or ID are lost or stolen while you’re traveling abroad.
Coverage for COVID-19
Although pandemics aren’t covered by reservation insurance, COVID-19 is covered in some situations because it’s considered to be a serious illness. Serious illness is a covered reason under the reservation cancellation, medical assistance, and reservation curtailment benefits.
Please note that if you file a claim due to COVID-19, you’ll be asked to provide documentation showing that you, a family member (for example, your child), or someone staying with you at the Airbnb accommodation tested positive while under the virtual or in-person supervision of a qualified medical professional.
What’s not covered
As is the case with all insurance policies, there are terms, conditions, and exclusions that apply. Generally, foreseeable events and events that aren’t named in the policy aren’t covered.
Specifically, EU residents should know that the Europ Assistance policy doesn’t include certain travel costs: You can't get reimbursed for the cost of planned transport (flights, trains, ferries, etc.) to and from your Airbnb accommodation if you need to cancel your reservation before you depart on your trip.
Every policy covers the guest who purchased it and the people who are staying with them at the Airbnb accommodation. These people don’t have to be added to the Airbnb reservation or named on the policy in order to be covered, and there are no age restrictions.
Updating your policy
Your reservation insurance will be automatically updated if you change the dates of your Airbnb reservation, or the guest count.
If the change impacts the cost of your reservation, your reservation insurance premium will be adjusted and you’ll be charged or refunded accordingly.
Canceling your policy
Residents of France can cancel within 30 days of purchase. Please note that you can’t cancel your policy after you’ve departed on your trip or started a claim, even if you’re within the 30-day period.
To cancel your policy, just go to your policy details page and select Cancel policy. Alternatively, you can send an email to email@example.com.
Filing a claim
Claims are handled by Europ Assistance from start to finish. You can start a claim by going to your policy details page and selecting Start a claim. Alternatively, you can contact Europ Assistance by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling +33 1 57 32 73 04 (France residents only).
Filing a complaint
You can file a complaint if you have issues with reservation insurance.
If you encounter issues while trying to purchase reservation insurance, contact our Insurance team by sending an email to email@example.com or calling +33 184 884 000 (France residents only).
If you have issues related to your coverage, medical assistance, or a claim, contact Europ Assistance by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling +33 157-327-304 (France residents only).
Europ Assistance has dedicated support for Airbnb guests.
If you have questions about your policy or need medical assistance, send an email to email@example.com or call +33 157 327 304 (France residents only).
If you need help with a claim, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +33 157 327 304 (France residents only).
This reservation insurance is offered by Airbnb Ireland Insurance Services Limited and underwritten by Europ Assistance S.A. Irish Branch. Airbnb Ireland Insurance Services Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Terms and conditions apply.
Artikuj të ngjashëm
- VizitorQë nga shtatori 2022, vizitorët që jetojnë në Mbretërinë e Bashkuar, Gjermani, Spanjë, Itali, Irlandë, Holandë, Austri dhe Portugali mund të…
- VizitorAirCover për vizitorët është i ndryshëm nga sigurimi i udhëtimit ose rezervimit. AirCover për vizitorët ofrohet falas për çdo prenotim, ndër…
- VizitorLexo Rregulloren për riprenotimet dhe rimbursimet