You can read this article in German or English.
This article provides specific information about local laws that apply to people who host their homes in Freiburg im Breisgau. Just like our country article for Germany, it’s your responsibility to verify and comply with any obligations that apply to you as a host. This article can serve as a starting point or place you can come back to if you have questions but it isn’t exhaustive and it doesn’t constitute legal or tax advice. It’s a good idea to check to make sure laws and procedures are current.
Some of the laws that might affect you are complicated. Contact the City of Freiburg directly or consult a local advisor, such as an attorney or tax professional, if you have questions.
Short-term rental regulations
The "Satzung über das Verbot der Zweckentfremdung von Wohnraum in der Stadt Freiburg im Breisgau" is a statute that prohibits the use of living space for unauthorized purposes and governs the use of residential property. The statute includes regulations of homesharing, including short-term rentals in Freiburg. It also covers different regulations depending on the type of accommodation you offer.
Since January 1, 2022, every Host who is sharing residential space on a short-term basis in Freiburg has to obtain and display a registration number in the respective listing.
You can get this registration number from the City of Freiburg, where you must register your rental activity before renting for the first time.
You must then enter your registration number in the appropriate field in your Airbnb listing. You can find that field by following these instructions:
- Go to Listings and select the listing for which you wish to add the registration number
- Go to Policies and rules and scroll down until you see the section Laws and regulations
- Next to Regulations, click Edit
- Under Add a permit number, click Add
Find further official information about the registration obligations from the Freiburg authorities.
There is no time limit if you rent out less than 50 % of your residential space. If you want to rent out more than 50 % of your residential space, you can do so for up to 10 weeks per calendar year with a registration number. If you choose to host more, you can apply for a permit.
According to the statutes, as a Host who wants to rent out more than 50% of residential space on a short-term basis for more than 10 weeks per calendar year, you are generally required to have a permit from the Freiburg authorities.
If you wish to rent out your primary residence on a short-term basis as a private person, the statute says that you are generally entitled to a permit. You can find more information about how to obtain a permit on Freiburg’s website here.
As a Host you only fall under the statutes when you wish to rent out residential space on a short-term basis. This means that other spaces, e.g. commercial space, hotels / hostels and other non-residential space, are not covered by the law and you do not need a permit or a registration number in these cases.
Artikuj të ngjashëm
- Pritës përvojePërvojat që përfshijnë transportin në MadridOrganizimi i Përvojave në Airbnb është diçka argëtuese, por ka disa detyrime dhe rregulla të vlefshme për aktivitete të ndryshme. Kemi mbled…
- Pritës përvojePërvojat që përfshijnë ushqimin në BerlinOrganizimi i Përvojave në Airbnb është diçka argëtuese, por ka disa detyrime dhe rregulla të vlefshme për aktivitete të ndryshme. Kemi mbled…
- Pritës përvojePërvojat që përfshijnë alkoolin në Rio de JaneiroOrganizimi i Përvojave në Airbnb është diçka argëtuese, por ka disa detyrime dhe rregulla të vlefshme për aktivitete të ndryshme. Kemi mbled…