Përvojat që përfshijnë transportin në Portoriko
Join a local Host Club: Want to connect with Hosts in your area to get tips and advice? It’s easy—join your community’s official Host Group on Facebook!
These information pages can help you get started in learning about some of the laws and registration requirements that may apply to your experiences on Airbnb. These pages include summaries of some of the rules that may apply to different sorts of activities, and contain links to government resources that you may find helpful.
Please understand that these information pages are not comprehensive, and are not legal advice. If you are unsure about how local laws or this information may apply to you or your Experience, we encourage you to check with official sources or seek legal advice.
Please note that we don’t update this information in real time, so you should confirm that the laws or procedures have not changed recently.*
Do I need a special license or permit to drive my guests to and from my experience if I don’t charge them for the ride?
You probably do not need a special license or permit to drive your guests whether you are charging them for a ride or not. However, depending on the type of vehicle you use and the exclusivity or dedicated nature of the vehicle’s use as part of your Experience, you may need a special license or permit to drive your guests even if you are not charging them for the ride.
In order to drive guests without getting an extra license or permit, you should not do any of the following:
- Operate vehicles that are dedicated to transporting passengers and their luggage
- Operate vehicles that are used exclusively to transport passengers and their luggage
- Operate luxury vehicles used to transport passengers and their luggage
- Charge them for the transportation you provide involving any of the vehicles listed above (either as a fixed or hourly rate) from airports or touristic ports to hotels or designated areas of tourism as recognized by the Puerto Rico Tourism Company .
PLEASE NOTE: While not a legal issue, it is currently recommended against providing transportation associated with Experiences offered in Puerto Rico in cars displaying signs or symbols intended to identify the car as being associated with location-based apps for hiring and on-demand private drivers.
If you want to host Experiences involving any of the above, you need to get special licenses or permits. The Public Service Commission of Puerto Rico regulates certain forms of transportation related to tourism, including those listed above. Please contact them or a local lawyer for more information.
Example: Rafael takes his guests on a tour of San Juan and wants to give them a free ride to/from the experience in his own car. Rafael's listing makes it clear he will pick up Guests who need a ride to get to his Experience at no charge to the Guest, and Rafael’s car is a casual vehicle/his everyday car and is not dedicated to transporting passengers and luggage or used exclusively for that purpose. Rafael does not need special licenses (aside from his regular driver's license) to do this.
If I want to charge for the ride, do I need a special license or permit to drive guests to and from my Experience?
Whether you explicitly charge a fee for transportation does not affect whether you need a special license or permit to drive guests to and from your Experience unless the type of vehicle used. Similarly, the price of transportation does not appear to impact the rules. Rather, you may need a special license or permit depending on the type of vehicle used and the exclusivity or dedicated nature of its use. Please check with an attorney prior considering providing these services for a fee or otherwise.
Picking guests up at the airport: The above mentioned license(s) do(es) not guarantee that you will be allowed to pick up guests at Puerto Rico area International Airports. Many airports have their own requirements for transportation providers such as background checks, vehicle inspections and placards. Be sure to check with the airport before charging guests for airport pickup even if you have all the above mentioned permits and registrations.
Do I need any special transportation licenses for boat tours?
You may need special authorization from the The Department of Natural and Environmental Resources of Puerto Rico (DRNA) if nautical or marine transportation or activities are involved.
How else can I help my guests get to and from my Experience?
How you handle your experience and your guest's transportation needs is entirely up to you. You may choose to do the following:
- Give them a ride for free or charge them, as long as you have the necessary licenses required for the kind of vehicle, exclusivity, and dedicated purpose or the transportation you are offering.
- Get them a Lyft, Uber, taxi, or other state licensed vehicle with a licensed driver. You can even pay for these licensed transportations options yourself and include the cost as part of your Experience Price.
- Ask your Guests to get their own transportation to and from your experience.
*Airbnb is not responsible for the reliability or correctness of the information contained in any links to third party sites (including any links to legislation and regulations).
Artikuj të ngjashëm
- Pritës përvojePërvojat që përfshijnë ushqimin në PortorikoOrganizimi i Përvojave në Airbnb është diçka argëtuese, por ka disa detyrime dhe rregulla të vlefshme për aktivitete të ndryshme. Kemi mbled…
- Pritës përvojePërvoja që përfshijnë transportin në PortlandOrganizimi i Përvojave në Airbnb është diçka argëtuese, por ka disa detyrime dhe rregulla të vlefshme për aktivitete të ndryshme. Kemi mbled…
- Pritës përvojePërvoja që përfshijnë ushqimin në RomëOrganizimi i Përvojave në Airbnb është diçka argëtuese, por ka disa detyrime dhe rregulla të vlefshme për aktivitete të ndryshme. Kemi mbled…