Përmbledhja e programit të Sigurimit për përgjegjësinë gjatë përvojës
Last updated: January 12, 2022
About Experiences liability insurance
Experience Protection Insurance is now Experiences liability insurance. Experiences liability insurance is a key component of AirCover for Hosts, which is top-to-bottom protection for Airbnb Hosts. The Experiences liability insurance program (“ELI program”) insures Experience Hosts, in certain countries, for their legal liability for bodily injury or property damage to guests or others resulting from an event that happens during a guest’s participation in an Airbnb Experience, subject to the terms, conditions, and exclusions of the Experiences liability insurance.
The ELI program only insures Experience Hosts for their liability to others, so injury to the Experience Host, or damage or loss to their own property, is not covered. There is no additional cost to Hosts for them to be insured under the ELI program.
Subject to the policy’s terms, insurance coverage under the ELI program generally provides Hosts with primary liability insurance while hosting an experience. If the ELI program is primary, that means it will generally pay covered damages on behalf of Hosts before and regardless of any separate insurance they may have that might otherwise apply. In some instances, the Host may be asked to provide evidence of their own insurance. Hosts or their insurance advisers should check the terms and conditions of their own insurance policy.
For a small subset of Experiences, the ELI program is not applicable and where this is the case, Hosts may want to consider whether or not they need to take out their own liability insurance for the Experience.
This ELI program Summary does not contain the full terms, conditions, and exclusions. In the United States, in certain instances, the ELI program is underwritten by a non-admitted insurer and may not be subject to your state’s insurance laws and regulations and is not protected by the insolvency guaranty fund.
Insurance providers and countries included
The ELI program currently extends to Experience Hosts globally, except for jurisdictions subject to applicable sanctions laws. In the majority of jurisdictions, the ELI program provides insurance through a policy issued by Zurich Insurance plc, one of the world’s most reputable insurance providers. In some jurisdictions, where a locally issued policy is required by local laws or regulations, coverage may be provided by a Zurich Insurance plc partner company.
The ELI program provides insurance through policies issued by different insurance companies in Japan and China and is placed by Airbnb UK Services Limited in the United Kingdom, an appointed representative of Aon UK Limited as more fully set out as follows:
- In the United Kingdom, this Policy has been arranged and concluded for the benefit of United Kingdom Hosts by Airbnb UK Services Limited, an appointed representative of Aon UK Limited¹.
- In Japan, coverage is provided under a policy issued by Sompo Japan Nipponkoa Insurance Inc. and Aioi Insurance. Learn more about coverage in Japan
- In China, coverage is provided under a policy issued by the People’s Insurance Company of China as part of the China Host Protection Plan. Learn more about coverage in China
Different coverage limits and terms may apply depending on the jurisdiction.
Insurance policy period
The current term of the ELI program is December 31, 2021 to December 31, 2022.
Experience Hosts who list online or in-person Experiences on Airbnb’s Platform are insured under the ELI program during the Experience period, unless the Experience is not covered by the ELI program. If applicable, the ELI program covers Experience Hosts for incidents that result in the Experience Host’s legal liability resulting from a bodily injury or property damage claim arising from a guest’s participation in an Airbnb Experience. The incident must also occur during the Airbnb Experience Period and the Experience must have been arranged using the Airbnb Platform.
- Experience: An Experience is a hosted activity accessed through Airbnb’s website or associated mobile application. An activity agreed directly between Airbnb and the Experience Host also qualifies as an Experience.
- Airbnb Platform: Airbnb Platform refers to airbnb.com and the associated mobile application.
- Experience Host: An Experience Host is a person or entity who has completed the Airbnb account registration process, including consenting to the Airbnb Terms of Service, and lists their Experience on the Airbnb Platform. Experience Host also includes Co-Hosts or others that provide related services in connection with the Experience.
- Experience Period: An Experience Period refers to the period of time while a Guest is engaged in a registered Experience. Experience Period may also include the period of time during which the Experience Host is preparing an area for the Experience—whether before it begins or after it ends.
- Guest: A Guest is a person who has completed the Airbnb account registration process, including consenting to the Airbnb Terms of Service, and signed up for one or more Experiences via the Airbnb Platform. Anyone expressly invited by Airbnb to participate in an Experience is also a Guest, as is an approved companion or companions accompanying any Guest as described above.
Experiences that are not covered
As previously mentioned, the majority of Experiences are covered on a primary basis by the ELI program. However, some Experiences are covered only on a contingent basis or are not at all by the ELI program.
The ELI program will apply on a contingent basis to those Experiences involving watercrafts, aircrafts, or automobiles.
The ELI program does not apply to the following Experiences taking placing in the United States:
- cliff camping
- cliff jumping
- hang gliding/paragliding
- kitesurfing/kite boarding
- rock climbing/mountain climbing (with ropes)
- shark diving
- skydiving (tandem)
- stunt driving/stunt jumping
Coverage does apply to the aforementioned Experiences that occur outside of the United States, with the exceptions of heli skiing and bungee jumping, which are not covered regardless of where they occur.
Please visit airbnb-host-protection-insurance.com/inquiry if you have questions regarding the coverage made available under this program.
$1,000,000 USD each occurrence, with a total limit available per Experience of $1,000,000 USD during the ELI program policy term (generally an annual term). The $1,000,000 USD limit also applies as an aggregate limit for any single Guest during the policy term.
The ELI program excludes from coverage:
- Aircraft and Mobile Equipment: injury or damage connected in any way to aircraft and mobile equipment.
- Assault and Battery: any loss or expense caused by, arising out of, or resulting directly or indirectly, in any way from assault and/or battery of any person committed by or alleged to have been committed by any insured.
- Communicable Disease: any bodily injury, property damage, or other loss arising out of the actual or alleged transmission of a communicable disease.
- Contractual Liability: liability for bodily injury or property damage where the insured is obligated to pay damages they have assumed in a contract or agreement. This exclusion doesn’t include legal liability the insured would have without a contract or agreement.
- Cross Suits: any claims brought by one insured against another insured.
- Distribution of Material in Violation of Statutes: bodily injury or property damage arising directly or indirectly out of any action or omission that violates or is alleged to violate any statute, ordinance, or regulation, that prohibits or limits the sending, transmitting, communicating, or distributing of material or information.
- Electronic Data: damages arising out of the loss of, loss of use of, damage to, corruption of, inability to access, or inability to manipulate electronic data.
- Employment Related Practices: bodily injury arising out of refusal to employ a person; termination of a person’s employment; or employment-related practices, policies, acts, or omissions, such as coercion, demotion, evaluation, reassignment, discipline, defamation, harassment, humiliation, discrimination, or malicious prosecution directed at that person. This exclusion applies whether the injury-causing event occurs before employment, during employment, or after employment of that person, and whether or not the insured may be liable as an employer or in any other capacity.
- Expected or Intended Injury: bodily injury or property damage the insured intended to happen, or should have expected to happen. For example, if a Host were to deliberately destroy property of a guest, this coverage wouldn’t apply, even if the Host were legally responsible for that damage.
- Fungi or Bacteria: bodily injury or property damage arising from or connected to inhalation of, ingestion of, contact with, exposure to, existence of, or presence of, any fungi or bacteria on or within a building or structure, including its contents. This exclusion does not apply to any fungi or bacteria that are, are on, or are contained in, a good or product intended for consumption.
- Liquor Liability: injury or damage for which any insured may be held liable because they:
- Caused or contributed to the intoxication of any person
- Provided alcoholic beverages to a person under the legal drinking age or under the influence of alcohol
- Violated any statute, ordinance, or regulation relating to the sale, gift, distribution, or use of alcoholic beverages
This exclusion only applies if you are in the business of manufacturing, distributing, selling, serving, or furnishing alcoholic beverages, and does not apply to Experience Hosts that make alcoholic beverages available during an Experience.
- Loss of, or Damage to, Certain Property: property damage to:
- Property you own, rent, or occupy
- Property loaned to you
- Damage to Property, Impaired Property, and Your Product: certain types of losses that would normally only be covered if you make products or work as a contractor at a location. These excluded losses involve property damage to:
- The exact part of any real property that you, or any contractors or subcontractors are working on, if the property damage arises from that work
- The exact part of any property that must be restored, repaired, or replaced, because your work was incorrectly performed on it
- Impaired property or property that has not been physically injured, but is still less useful, arising from a defect, deficiency, inadequacy, or dangerous condition in your product or your work
- Impaired property or property that has not been physically injured, but is still less useful, arising from a delay or failure by you or anyone acting on your behalf to perform a contract or agreement in accordance with its terms
- Your product, including losses arising out of your product or any part of it
- Your work, including losses arising out of it or any part of it
- Nuclear Risks: any loss or damage resulting from the hazardous properties of nuclear material.
- Personal and Advertising Injury: losses, including consequential bodily injury that arise out of claims, such as:
- False arrest, detention, or imprisonment
- Malicious prosecution
- Wrongful eviction from, wrongful entry into, or invasion of the right of private occupancy of a room, dwelling, or premises that a person occupies, committed by or on behalf of its owner, landlord, or lessor
- Oral or written publication, in any manner, of material that slanders or libels a person or organization or disparages a person’s or organization’s goods, products, or services
- Oral or written publication, in any manner, of material that violates a person’s right of privacy
- Use of another’s advertising idea in your advertisement
- Infringing upon another’s copyright, trade dress, or slogan in your “advertisement”
- Pollution: bodily injury or property damage arising from pollutants of any kind. There is an exception for losses originating from equipment that is used to heat, cool, or dehumidify the building, or equipment used to heat water, for personal use, by the building's occupants or their guests. There is also an exception for injury or damage arising out of a fire that escapes its normal location (hostile fire).
- Products and Completed Operations: bodily injury or property damage occurring away from premises you own or rent and arising out of any goods or products, other than real property, manufactured, sold, handled, distributed, or disposed of by you or other trading under your name.
- Products Recall: damages claimed for any loss, cost, or expense incurred by you or others for the loss of use, withdrawal, recall, inspection, repair, replacement, adjustment, removal, or disposal of your product, your product, work, or impaired property. Impaired property means tangible property that cannot be used or is less useful because it incorporates your product or work and such product or work is thought to be defective, deficient, inadequate, or dangerous.
- Punitive or Exemplary Damages: punitive or exemplary damages, fines, or penalties, except where such damages are insurable by law.
- Sexual Assault: any loss or expense caused by, arising out of, or resulting directly or indirectly, in any way from sexual abuse or molestation of any person committed by or alleged to have been committed by any Insured.
- Silica, Silica Dust, Lead, and Asbestos: bodily injury or property damage arising from or connected in any way to silica, silica dust, lead, or asbestos.
- War: bodily injury or property damage arising, directly or indirectly, out of:
- War, including undeclared or civil war
- Warlike action by a military force, including action in hindering or defending against an actual or expected attack, by any government, sovereign or other authority using military personnel or other agents
- Insurrection, rebellion, revolution, usurped power, or action taken by governmental authority in hindering or defending against any of these
- Workers’ Compensation and Employers’ Liability: any obligation of the insured under a workers’ compensation, disability benefits, or unemployment compensation law or any similar law. Bodily injury to any employees of the insured (or any of their family members) arising out of their employment by an insured or performing duties related to the conduct of an insured’s business. This exclusion applies whether the insured may be liable as an employer or in any other capacity
Please immediately submit the liability insurance intake form if you become aware of any bodily injury or property damage that may be a subject to coverage under the ELI program. After the intake form is completed, a third-party claims adjuster appointed by the insurer will get in touch with you to discuss the claim and gather information. The adjuster will then settle the claim in accordance with the terms of the ELI program and applicable laws and regulations in the applicable jurisdiction.
Please visit airbnb-host-protection-insurance.com/inquiry if you have questions regarding the coverage made available under this program.
In the United Kingdom, if you or another insured under the policy wishes to raise a complaint, you can do so by contacting the address below, and a member of the team will ensure that your complaint is referred to an appropriate person:
- Aon UK Limited, Central Complaints Team
- Briarcliff House, Kingsmead, Farnborough, GU14 7TE
- By phone: Telephone 01252 768662
- By e-mail: Central.Complaints@aon.co.uk
Copies of our complaint handling procedures are available on request.
If you cannot settle your complaint with us, you may be entitled to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service. Visit this site for further details or contact them at: The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR, telephone 0800 023 4567.
Alternatively, if you are based outside of the United Kingdom, you can register your complaint on the Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) Platform here.
Artikuj të ngjashëm
- VizitorSigurimi për përgjegjësinë gjatë përvojaveSigurimi për përgjegjësinë gjatë përvojave është një komponent kyç i AirCover për pritësit, që është mbrojtja nga A-ja te Zh-ja për pritësit…
- Pritës përvojeAktivitete në natyrë: Sugjerime për pritësit e përvojaveKemi bashkëpunuar me Adventure Travel Trade Association për të ofruar rekomandime sigurie që të ndihmojnë të organizosh një përvojë me aktiv…
- Pritës përvojeCilat janë kriteret specifike për përvojat online?Përvoja online transmetohet direkt, nuk është e regjistruar paraprakisht dhe organizohet nga një pritës që angazhon vizitorët pjesëmarrës du…