Sugjerimet do të shfaqen pasi të kesh shkruar të dhënat e kërkimit. Përdor shigjetat lart e poshtë për t'i shqyrtuar. Shtyp "enter" për të zgjedhur. Nëse përzgjedhja është një frazë, kjo frazë do të dërgohet për kërkim. Nëse sugjerimi është një link, shfletuesi do të shkojë në atë faqe.
Pritës përvoje

Përvojat që përfshijnë transportin në Dublin

Join a local Host Club: Want to connect with Hosts in your area to get tips and advice? It’s easy—join your community’s official Host Group on Facebook!

These information pages can help you get started in learning about some of the laws and registration requirements that may apply to your experiences on Airbnb. These pages include summaries of some of the rules that may apply to different sorts of activities, and contain links to government resources that you may find helpful.

Please understand that these information pages are not comprehensive, and are not legal advice. If you are unsure about how local laws or this information may apply to you or your Experience, we encourage you to check with official sources or seek legal advice.

Please note that we don’t update this information in real time, so you should confirm that the laws or procedures have not changed recently.*

I’m planning to drive my guests to and from my Experience which is based in Dublin. Do I need a licence or registration to allow me to do this?

Yes, and you should keep in mind that failing to comply with some or all of these requirements may lead to disqualification from driving, a fine, penalty points and/or a custodial sentence.

Before driving any guests you must ensure that:

Additional requirements are likely to apply depending on the type and size of vehicle you will be driving guests in.

Vehicles used to carry up to 8 passengers

Your vehicle is likely to be classified as a small public service vehicle (“SPSV”) where it is used to carry up to eight passengers, excluding the driver.

Two separate licences are required to operate an SPSV:

  • An SPSV Driver licence

    You’ll find more information on how to apply here. You’ll need to obtain an SPSV Skills Development Certificate with your application. Your SPSV driver licence will restrict you to operating in the county/counties for which it is granted.

  • An SPSV vehicle licence

    This licence is issued by the National Transport Authority (“NTA”). Applicants must meet certain conditions and their vehicles must also meet required standards. Further information on SPSV vehicle licensing can be found here, along with information on insurance, fees and taxi forms/guides.

If you are operating an SPSV, you will need to comply with the rules set out in the Taxi Regulation Act 2013 and the Taxi Regulation (Small Public Service Vehicle) Regulations 2015. These rules cover licensing, vehicle standards, operating requirements and the duties of drivers.

The licensing criteria are quite detailed and so you may want to contact the National Transport Authority or a lawyer for advice.

Bigger Vehicles

If you intend to drive your guests in a larger vehicle, you will need to obtain two separate licences:

  • A Public Bus Passenger Service Licence.

    The NTA typically takes around 8 weeks to process new applications for these licences so plan ahead. There are currently 5 categories of public bus passenger service licence, so you’ll need to choose the licence most relevant to your activity. It may be helpful to read the useful guidelines issued by the NTA.

  • A Bus Driver Licence

    Bus driving licences are "higher category" licences and you will need to obtain a Driver's Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) where the bus will be driven for a living or where you are between the ages of 21 and 24. See here and here for more details. You will need to have a driver licence for category B (i.e. a car) before you can get a bus driver licence.

If you have a bus which is more than one year old, you must also have a current Commercial Vehicle Roadworthiness Test (CVRT) certificate.

Public bus services provided for payment (including where that payment is made as part of the payment for a tour) are regulated by the Public Transport Regulation Act 2009.

What happens if I don’t get the licence(s) or registration(s) that I need?

If you do not obtain an SPSV Driver Licence and an SPSV Vehicle Licence, or a Public Bus Passenger Service Licence and a Bus Driver Licence, you will not be entitled to drive guests to, from and within your experiences.

Providing these services without the correct licences is an offence and you could receive a fine.

What about insurance? Will I need a special type of insurance?

Yes, your standard car insurance will not cover you.

You’ll need to contact your insurance company and obtain the right kind of insurance cover for your vehicle. Your insurance company will need a description of what you’ll be using the vehicle for and the licences you have in order to provide you with the right type of insurance.

My experience involves going to a couple of separate venues, which are not walking distance from each other. I want to provide transportation between the two venues. I plan to order an Uber or licensed taxi or other licensed form of transportation. I do not plan to charge anything for the transportation. Do I need a specific licence to allow me to do this?

It is not necessary to obtain a licence in order to book and pay for transportation for your guests. However, we recommend that you ensure that you only make bookings with licensed transport providers, and that you make it clear to your guests which transport provider the booking has been made with.

What if I want to charge for the transportation?

It is not necessary to obtain a licence to charge guests for booking transportation on their behalf. However, we would recommend that you ensure that you only make bookings with licensed transport providers, and that you make it clear to your guests which transport provider the booking has been made with.

*Airbnb is not responsible for the reliability or correctness of the information contained in any links to third party sites (including any links to legislation and regulations).

A të erdhi në ndihmë ky artikull?
Kërko ndihmë për rezervimet, llogarinë e më shumë.
Hyr ose regjistrohu